Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The 12 Dos and Don’ts of Writing a Blog




Brian A. Klems is a published author and the online editor of WritersDigest.com. His blog, "The Writer’s Dig," which covers everything from grammar rules to publishing, is one of the most popular in the writing community.  "The 12 Dos and Don’ts of Writing a Blog" is one of his most read articles.


Thinking about writing a blog? Been writing a blog for some time now and have yet to establish any growth (and by “growth” I mean “increased pageviews”)? Over the past 10 years I’ve refined my blogging skills—that’s right, I started my first blog back in 2001 and it is so embarrassing by today’s standards that I’m almost unwilling to link to it … almost. Blogs for writers are everywhere, and there’s often good advice on them about writing a blog. There’s also plenty of not-so-good advice. It can be frustrating.

Now I currently run several successful blogs, including "The Life of Dad" and this online editor blog. It’s been a challenge juggling them but, by sticking to these 12 specific dos and don’ts of writing a blog that I’ve developed over my years of experience, I’ve been able to establish growth (increased pageviews). I hope they can help you learn how to write a good blog too.


Read Brian's tips here...

No comments:

Post a Comment