Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Single Most Important Skill for Writing Success





Roy Furr is a proven direct marketing consultant and copywriter. He's worked with many of the best direct marketers on the planet, including: Agora Publishing, Boardroom, Investor's Place, and Nightingale Conant. This is his most popular article on The Barefoot Writer.

"Effectively setting goals … and following through with them."

Michael Masterson told me once that this is the foundation of everything he’s accomplished – from learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu … to writing New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling books … to creating multiple multimillion-dollar businesses.

Master copywriter John Carlton has said the only reason he’s one of the highest-paid copywriters on the planet is because of the goals he sets – knowing once he sets a goal, it will be accomplished … even if he doesn’t know how yet.

International marketing expert Dr. Joe Vitale is a goal-setting addict. (For good reason, too!) I asked him what goal-setting has helped him accomplish, and he told me, “I lost 80 pounds, appeared in a hit movie, sold half a million dollars of product, and bought a $350,000 Rolls-Royce Phantom … all due to goals.”

After I discovered the control over my time and finances I could get through my chosen Barefoot Writing path, freelance copywriting, setting goals has driven every step of my success.


Read the remainder here.

No comments:

Post a Comment